Wednesday, October 9, 2013

35 Week Update! :)

My oh my, what a busy week it has been! Friday was the busiest day of the past week. I was up at 5am, and didn’t get to sleep until asleep around 12am! We went to our second wedding since cupcake has been baking in my tummy. Congratulations again to Mei-Ling and Alexis!!!

 (The first wedding we went to was Jimmy & Vanessa’s, also the day we found out cupcake was a girl!)

After the wedding, I went back to work, and Jesse went to celebrate with our lovely friends. Afterwards, he went and paid rent and picked up our keys to our new home! I packed up things at Francine’s into her van, my awesome brothers loaded up my stuff from my parent’s house in my mom’s van, and Jesse loaded stuff up his stuff from his mom’s into his car, and we all met at our new place. It was so funny to me, because of the three cars meeting up I was the only one who had been to the condo before! After we unloaded my mom’s van, Cody & Dylan went home while Jess and I unloaded the rest of our stuff. My dad and the boys came by later with our couch and bed. Dad and I went out and I got KFC and a 30 pack of beer as a thank you for them helping us move—not to mention we were all starving! It is a tradition of mine to cook dinner as a thank you for everyone who helps us move, but moving at 8 and a half months pregnant SUCKS, so I decided to make dinner Saturday night instead.

Cody stayed over Friday and Saturday night, and mom and Dylan came over Saturday for dinner (spaghetti, garlic bread & salad with fancy croutons). Unfortunately dad had worked his butt off all day and was exhausted, so we just sent a plate home for him.

Sunday Jesse had to go back to work, so I spent the day at my mom’s with Tommy. I’m still sooo bummed he can’t come home with us yet. :( Hurry up October 18th!!! I almost fell twice Sunday night getting up to use the restroom; my back was hurting sooo bad! Oh yea, I forgot to mention my feet were the size of blue whales all weekend. They were so swollen, I had pitting edema half way up my shins!!! And I felt I had no strength what-so-ever in my lower back, hence the almost falls. Monday wasn’t better at all, worse actually as far as my back hurting. I am hoping my “nesting” urge will kick in and overpower my pain, I want so badly to get the rest of our home put away, and start organizing stuff in Cupcake’s nursery. :)


This picture pretty much describes how I currently feel—very similar to a turtle stuck on its shell trying to get up! Why didn’t I get that SUV again? Haha.


I also FINALLY got around to creating the invitations for my baby shower in the valley. My mom has been hounding me to get them done, but of course, I have been procrastinating. Hehe. Whatcha think?

Yesterday I turned 35 weeks pregnant! Only 5 more weeks to go!!! :)

My OB visit went great. Cupcake measured 37 weeks!!! I was so shocked; especially since she measured exactly spot on at 34 weeks last week! Her heart rate was a perfect 165. Doc and I talked about my back acting up, and she said if it gets to the point where I feel I can’t work, she can take me out on a disability leave for back pain, rather than pregnancy. That was comforting to hear. My pregnancy up until mid week 34 had been so smooth (pregnancy symptom wise), but these last few days have worried me. If I continue to be in as much pain as I am in now, I don’t see how I will be able to work for five more weeks, give or take a couple.

My 24th birthday is this Thursday! :) And then Friday night Dad and I, and possibly both my brothers, are heading out to OC! It’s been a while since I’ve been, and it’s been a year since Dad has been. We’ll get to hang out with the family Friday, then Saturday morning I have a maternity photo shoot (Thanks Aunt Neli!) and then my baby shower at 2!!! Mom and Francine will be driving out Saturday morning. Another busy weekend! I can’t wait!!!!! :) 

I decided to try something new at the end of each weekly update that I had seen on a friend’s pregnancy blog the other day, so hopefully you’ll enjoy it. :)


Week 34 Info:

I started using a new oil on my bump/boobs, it’s supposed to help lighten/fade your stretch marks and scars. I’ve been religiously putting it on three times a day, so hopefully it will help!



Symptoms—
-Pitting edema in my legs and feet
-Back pain (pretty intense)
-Achy/painful hips (whenever I sit longer than a couple minutes, worse when walking around)
-Mild nausea (not much, but occasional)
-Tiredness (that word is an understatement!)

Cravings—
-Frosted Shredded Mini Wheat’s
-Dr. Pepper
-Peanut Butter Cookies
-Spaghetti
-Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts
-KFC

No comments:

Post a Comment